Back to All Events
A Commonwealth of Communities of Science: Voice of the Child
Stranmillis College, Belfast
October 28-30, 2019
One of the projects that CASTME supports currently is to encourage mothers and carers of young pre-school children to recognise the everyday science in their lives and point such to children hence increasing science experiences, of both the adults and the children, as well as their communication literacy skills.
CASTME is interested in the science inherent in play, particularly in less affluent areas.
List of Topics
the environment food justice and
the use of technology.
Abstracts registration deadline May 1, 2019
Submission deadline June 1, 2019
All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. The following paper categories are welcome:
* Full papers describing research concerning the themes and topics of the conference
* Posters describing initiatives undertaken concerning the themes and topics of the conference List of Topics
* The Environment and its impact on the child, education, how to educate for a better environment, education for environmental awareness, action, care, and conservation
* Climate Change and its impact on the child, education, how to educate to mitigate climate change
* Use of Technology and its impact on the child, education, how to educate for safe, wholesome use of technology
* Food justice and its impact on the child, education, how to educate for better food safety, food availability
Local Organising Committee
Dr. Tom McCloughlin
Dr. Shauna McGill
Dr. Cliona Murphy
Invited Speakers (confirmed)
Dr Jaya Naugah (Mauritius)
Dr Sue Dale Tunnicliffe (UK)
Dr Balasubramanyam Chndramohan (UK)
Dr Richard Greenwood
Dr. Tom McCloughlin - making catapults
CASTME 2019 proceedings will be published in an electronic book
The conference will be held in Stranmillis University College, Belfast.
All questions about submissions should be emailed to the conference email account firstname.lastname@example.org